Senior Front End Developer
Founded in 2006, Haven Agency is a group of dedicated digital enthusiasts with the goal of producing outstanding work that delivers measurable results. We’re happy to be located in sunny Southern California, land of freeways and freethinkers. At Haven, we leverage proven methodologies and expertise to deliver impactful digital solutions. Here, cookie-cutter doesn’t cut it. Our agency is all custom, all the time, and no two clients – or projects – are the same. While our primary focus is on creating online projects for the toy, video game, entertainment, and lifestyle markets, we happily welcome clients from outside those industries. Our roster of clients over the years has included: Wizards of the Coast, Riot Games, Blizzard Entertainment, Live Nation, Ticketmaster, House of Blues, Bandai, Monster Energy, MedMen, and more. This is for a full-time position. We are headquartered in Ontario, California. You must be located in the United States full-time, and it is a major plus to be located in Southern California. During the Covid-19 pandemic, our staff is working from home. Post-pandemic, or when San Bernardino County reaches a certain tier that may allow for in-office work, there will be options for working-at-home versus full-time, in-the-office work. We are primarily looking for a candidate with a robust portfolio, preferably agency experience or experience working on several projects (not just a long-term project for a single client), and we definitely are looking for someone with more experience than just a coding academy or bootcamp.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES...
- Translate design comprehensives into web and mobile standards-compliant HTML/CSS markup.
- Make projects come alive through interactive elements like SVG and JS/CSS animations.
- Experience integrating REST APIs and/or GraphQL.
- Build mobile and touch-optimized websites and applications.
- Ability to understand and work with legacy code, and not just create from scratch.
- Present and explain concepts, answer questions and communicate with clients.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- A passion for learning new skills, following industry trends, and emerging web technologies.
AT A MINIMUM, YOU MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH...
- 3+ years experience working as a Front End Developer or equivalent experience. (If you don't have this, we will likely not reply to your application unless you have a killer online portfolio.)
- Sketch, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Illustrator.
- A strong sense of UI/UX design and layout.
- Github and/or Bitbucket.
- YOU WOULD STAND OUT IF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH…
- A degree in Web Design, Graphic Design, or equivalent experience.
- BEM, ITCSS, SMACSS or similar CSS architecture methodology.
- Gulp, Grunt, or Webpack.
- PHP/Laravel or other MVCs.
- Knowledge of best practices for web page performance and accessibility.
WHAT WE OFFER...
- Competitive salaries.
- Medical benefits.
- 401(k) with matching up to certain levels.
- In-Office Gym (available again post-Covid-19 pandemic)
- Work on highly visible projects.
- Opportunity to learn and grow.
- Lots of other great perks and free slide rides.
- Visit Haven Agency careers for more info
INTERESTED? TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF. PLEASE INCLUDE...
- Resume with a description of your skills.
- How much you're looking to make.
- Two or three examples that best showcase your talent.
- Links to your Github, Twitter, and/or LinkedIn accounts.
- Links to your personal website and portfolio.